FLUORMAT-multi-layer composite pipe
FLUORMAT Multi-Layer Composite Pipe is made up of multiple layers (PE-RT / AL / PE-RT) as follows:
· Outer Layer - Polyethylene raised temperature (PE-RT) plastic coat: protects the aluminium core and allows the outer shell to be coloured without contaminating the water.
· Adhesive Layer - Interface zone between the outer PERT layer and the aluminium core. Bonds the materials together and prevents shear slippage.
· Aluminium Layer - Thin layer of overlap welded aluminium which forms a 100% oxygen barrier to protect against corrosion and allows the pipe to have the‘formstable’ characteristic.
· Adhesive Layer - Interface zone between the inner PE-RT layer and the aluminium core. Bonds the materials
together and prevents shear slippage.
· Inner Layer - Inner layer of clear PE-RT. Inert and doesnot affect the water in any way. Allows for a smooth wall surface to reduce pressure drops for water flow.
Technical Standards and Approvals
• Drinking water installation
• Radiator connection
• Underfloor heating
• DIN EN ISO 21003
• DVGW W542
• SKZ A 462
• DVGW DW-8501 BU0326
• BS 6920